By accessing this site and using it, you are agreeing to stating that you have read these rules. No excuses, no exceptions. Every member, from day one, is expected to follow these rules. Any complaints or requests on clarification should be taken up with the staff via our forums or through PMs with admins.
We, the site staff, are not obligated to notify members of updates. It is the members' sole responsibility to stay updated. However, we will usually alert members of changes out of courtesy. The "Last Updated" date at the bottom of this page will always be correct.
- Do not steal or copy anything from this site.
Imitation is not flattery, either. This includes, but is certainly not limited to: site coding, character personalities/descriptions, roleplay posts, etc. If a member of this site has stolen something from you, the rightful copyright owner, you may contact us at email@example.com with a complaint and evidence and we will take swift action!
- Be courteous. If you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all, as the old adage goes. Harrassment of any members, whether it takes place in the live chat, the forums, or via the messaging system, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Pestering of people to post is not acceptable, either, be it through PMs or on the chat or wherever. Deliberately baiting people into arguing is
not permitted, same goes for "trolling." Excessive snarkiness, ill-intentioned sarcasm, etc. can result in a warning. Debates are fine as long as they are not mean-spirited or devolve into bickering.
- Be active. All the members in the world are no good if they don't do anything. Please log in at least once every few weeks or so! All living characters (above the age of 1 and who weren't made the month before the AC) by the 1st of the month will need to reach a minimum of 10 IC posts or else they will be deactivated. If you don't log in for two months (60 days), your account will be flagged as inactive. This means your profile cannot be accessed and you will not count in our member totals. If you log in again, however, your account will automatically be reactivated! Note: accounts who have been disabled for 4 months (120 days) will not have been logged into for six months total and will be deleted.
Marking yourself as "absent" on the account settings page will exempt you from this process. Please only mark your account as absent if you plan on returning, though. (The "absent" feature is still being developed.)If you do not log in for the first time within one week of creating your account, your account is at high risk of being deleted. I f you sign up, be sure to log in!
- There is no limit on the number of characters you may have, but use common sense. If you are inactive it is not a good idea to have more than one character. If you are active and can stay on top of many threads, then, by all means, feel free to make yourself another character! Each person is allowed only one account (your account is the name you use to log in as). Each character is considered an individual, though split personalities are tolerated.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to use this site. If you admit you are not 13 years of age you will be suspended from the site until you are at least 13, no exceptions.
- No mini-modding. Mini-modding is taking it upon yourself to inform others of rule-breaking etc, as opposed to letting the real moderators do their job. Gentle, occasional reminders are fine, but it is best to enlist the aid of the site staff (via the reporting system or support ticket system) as opposed to getting directly involved and potentially hindering the staff.
- The Reporting system
and Support Ticket system are the best ways to get in touch with staff on important matters. When you PM only one mod you might have to wait longer to get something dealt with, since another might be online sooner than that one you messaged (this does not mean to message ALL the staff about the same thing!!). Support Tickets are mainly for assistance, such as getting clarification on a site rules. Reports are for more disciplinary-type matters, such as in reporting misconduct of another user or for reporting rule-breaking posts, but is also for alerting staff of accidental double posts without fear of penalty. The cbox is not an appropriate place to report such things by any means. Sending reports and support tickets means there will be documentation and allows for better organization for the staff, as well as ensures the quickest response. Note: Our Support Ticket system is being redone, but the Reporting system is functional.
- Advertising of other sites on Caiuka is limited to our affiliates section, the "Other Sites" board, and to members' signatures. You cannot have your character, for example, start telling other characters all about this new land that is spiffeh-cool and that they should head over there (with a link to another RPG). Advertising is not
allowed in any forum but the "Other Sites" board in the OOC forum, and even then there are some ground rules set there (in the announcement thread in that area). You may link to other sites via the "email/url" field in the live chat but that is about the extent of what you can do (see Live Chat Rule #2). It is tolerable to add a blurb to your OOC signature, but it may not be longer than 255 words or it would need to be an image link. We are always looking for affiliates, which means you can have an 88x31 link on every page of the site.
- Avatars (both IC and OOC) may not exceed 150 pixels in height and width and must be valid links. This is to keep loading time down and to keep things neat. If your avatar URL does not work or is too big then it may be reverted to the default avatar at any time by the administration, so be sure that it is not a broken link.
- If you have any existing character(s) up for adoption, you may not create any new ones. If you made up a brand-new character for adoption, don't worry about this rule. If you put one of your existing (has an account on the site, has been RPed, etc) chars UFA, then you must wait for them to be adopted (or take them off adoption) before making new ones. If you can't keep up with any of your existing ones, there's no reason to make more.
- Do not spam. OOC posts need to be at least three words in length. Smilies do not count as words, nor do symbols. Do not post twice or more in a row � there is an edit button; use it. Accidental double posts must be reported to staff (be it by reporting the post directly or through a support ticket only) within 24 hours of their creation or they will be considered spam. All OOC threads must have a purpose, not just "chat" or "lolzz i'm boreddd." If there is a thread already about the topic you want to post about, post there. Threads about the same topics are not allowed. Threads that have no meaning or purpose run the risk of being locked. Random chat belongs in our Live Chat, not our forums!
- ONLY OOC posts may be posted in the OOC boards. Any form of roleplaying is not permitted in the OOC area. You can plot things, say things to the effect of: "Wolf A would probably like Wolf B as a friend, nothing more." but you cannot carry out conversations between characters in that format, either.
- Don't take things personally. Upset that someone else's character isn't responding the way you want it to? Don't take it out on that character's RPer! Just breathe and remember that it's a roleplaying game, don't take things so seriously that it isn't fun anymore! Conflict adds spice to an RP, not everyone is going to love your character or bow down to it. If you cannot keep a solid line between OOC and IC then you run the risk of a suspension.
- There are some things that are inappropriate. Occasional swearing is no big deal, excessive swearing is. Discriminatory (racial) slurs, epithets, swears, etc. are not permitted
ANYWHERE on the site. Also, OOC discussions of certain things, including but not limited to any form of religion, in-depth politics, self-harm/mutilation, graphic descriptions of injuries/illness, or graphic discussion of anything overtly (graphically) sexual in nature, are all absolutely forbidden.
- OOC Signatures cannot be excessive. They may contain no more than five images that exceed 100 x 100 pixels and no more than ten images total. There may be no more than five animated images (regardless of size). The signature in all its entirety may not exceed 400 pixels in height. No blinding fonts, such as (but not limited to) lime green or bright red, are acceptable.
- Do not spam. Posting more than one time in a row with a single character in one thread is forbidden. However, if you post with multiple characters be sure to keep each characters' post separate so they get credit for activity. If you must RP with yourself, keep it in one thread with only the original topic post describing what happened and mark it as "Standalone." Standalone threads MUST have at least 300 words. There is an edit button --� use it. Accidental double posts must be reported to staff (be it by reporting the post directly or through a support ticket only) within 24 hours of their creation or they will be considered spam. All IC posts must be at least 40 words in length at the bare minimum. This is to ensure that there is actually something being said. Quality over quantity is always preferred, but one-liners are no good!
- We allow all levels of skill level here so long as you make an effort to improve and make your posts count. If you are not able to post paragraph after paragraph after paragraph, don't reply to a thread with long posts! Instead, maybe message them asking if they would like to RP in a new thread with shorter-lengthed posts. Mirror posting (meaning you must post in similar length to the people you are RPing with) is required, out of respect for your fellow RPers. Mirroring should generally be at least 75% of the length (word count-wise) of the post or more, but generally it should be good enough to roughly estimate that the posts are similar enough in length. Ultimately, the moderators will have the final say.
- ONLY IC Posts belong in the IC boards. They are named "Roleplay" in the Site Navigation. All posts in the IC section must have IC content in them. Little sidenotes ((ooc text here)) before or after the IC content is fine, so long as it is all in one post. 100% OOC posts in the IC section are against the rules. "Placeholder" posts are okay, as in ((I will post here when I get home)) or ((I'm typing my reply now)), but they must be replaced with IC content within 24 hours or they will be deemed spam.
- Don't be graphic or obscene. This is not the site to detail graphic sexual acts between wolves!!! Such posting will result in immediate deletion of the offending topics and a severe warning � continue to post such acts will result in a permanent ban from the site altogether. Affection is okay as long as there aren't excessive and heavy undertones of something very inappropriate. Being vague is not good enough. This is not the site for those kinds of RPs. During fights, use discretion when possible when it comes to violence. Characters can cuss and swear, but racial slurs/epithets are still prohibited.
- Godmoding and/or powerplaying is forbidden. Your character is not almighty and all-knowing, and you may not control anyone's character other than your own! Remember, it's all about how you phrase it. One good way to think is that whenever you involve another character with your post, one, you are making suggestions, and two, nothing happens with that character until your fellow RPer says it has.
Phrasing that makes it sound like it has happened for sure can be considered powerplaying. Using parentheses (such as saying: (if this happens then...) IC text here as if it happened (and if this other thing happens then...) more IC text here) is not okay, either. Assuming too much from other users' characters is not courteous and is controlling. Taking OOC information (such as reading acharacter's bio and saying your character knows their deep, dark secret)
and putting it in the IC context without permission is considered godmoding, because you are giving your character "godly" knowledge.
- Challenging a higher-up in a pack for their rank is permitted, but make challenges wisely. A wolf does not get these ranks without great experience and strength as a result of years of training... things that a new wolf will probably lack. Respect must be shown to the authority figures in the pack � otherwise your wolf is at risk of simply being kicked out and not being given a chance to even make the challenge in the first place. Pack laws should be followed when issuing challenges IC.
- This is a wolf RPG. Not horse, not dog, not feline, this is a wolf RPG. Hybrids are not completely outlawed so long as they display no excessive non-wolf-like characteristics and are only non-wolf in a very small part. Hybrids must be that of a wolf and a reasonable other counterpart (e.g. domestic dog, coyote). For all intents and purposes, though, a "hybrid" should be easily considered just a wolf. Maned wolves are permitted here.
- This site strives for realism. Your character should reflect that. No "elements" or "powers" or any other unrealistic attribute. Your character may think they are psychic or have incredible abilities (as in being delusional), but in reality they cannot have any powers. No hot-pink wolves or wolves with wings or ones that can control the weather, etc may exist in Caiuka. Don't have anything that's overtly unnatural, though we are rather lenient on eye color, but eye colors must be solid (no rainbows or flames) and they cannot change instantly (no mood ring eyes). The extent of an unusual marking would be something small and inconspicuous and not in what is considered an unnatural wolf color. Pupils must be present or your character will be considered blind. Your character may not be of an extinct species (e.g. dire wolves).
Puppies need to have RPed parents. Puppies younger than 2 months need a biological mother (or adoptive mother who recently was pregnant) for milk.
- Always, always state in a roleplay title if it is reserved for a specific person. Keep the thread's "Status" up-to-date as well. This will eliminate the "Can I join?" "Yeah, sure" posts. 100% OOC posts are not allowed in the IC forums (OOC sidenotes afterthoughts in IC posts are fine). The easiest way is to simply put [Open] or [For ___] in the title, or something like that. It's also a good idea to have an OOC note before your IC intro (in the same post) stating how many people may join the thread. If you're only wanting a one-x-one RP, then say so. If you don't mind a couple people, let everyone know. If a thread does not have your character's name or isn't marked with an Open tag, you may not join it. If a thread is marked only for chars that are not your own, you must PM the thread creator before posting on it if you wish to join.
- When RPing with multiple people in one thread, establish a posting order, or state that there will not be one in the first post. This is traditionally in the order of who posted first. Once the posting order has bee established � follow it. Messages are an excellent tool, use them to clear up any uncertainties or misunderstandings � don't start posting "who's next????" or anything
- Read the guides/texts for more information on how things work in Caiuka. This will ensure the smoothest integration of your character into our home!
- Don't be afraid to jump in! In the Guides, we have alluded to some potential plot points � but that's about as much as you're going to get (: Most of the plots should take place through roleplaying, with as little pre-planning as necessary! Do we outlaw planning of RPs? Of course not! But it can be much funner and more exhilarating when you let an RP take you where the RP takes you! If your character is ready to cause some chaos or fix some damage � then by all means, let it do so!
- Wolves may only reproduce via the Stork System. During breeding season (late IC winter-early spring) the stork system is free to use -- it will say in the right-hand sidebar if breeding is an option for free. The flow of born puppies to mated pairs during this time is controlled by the "Stork." Puppies cannot be created, they are born. Orphan puppies (esp. newborns) do not survive long at all on their own! Females may only have one litter per breeding season maximum. To breed, females must be six (6) years old or less, and males must be seven (7) years old or less. Stork credits may be used any time in the year but must be purchased for Caiuka points, however females can only have litters if their last pups are at least 1 year of age. In the case of failed conception, a female would have to wait six IC pup months (3 RL weeks) to try again.
- In order to form a new pack, the potential pack must have at least one claimed, undisputed territory, and at least one alpha, and follow several requirements. Full info on pack creation can be found in the New Packs guide.
- In order to maintain a pack's territories, there must be at least one IC thread in each area (forum area) a month. This thread must have a minimum of ten posts, and at least two participants who were members of the pack prior to the thread's creation. At least one thread (out of any of the pack's territories) that is used for "preservation" must have participation from at least one of the pack's alphas. If the necessary thread fails to occur in a forum area, then the land will be deemed vacant and regarded as neutral (Saurendian) territory. If an alpha is not present in any eligible threads in the entire pack's territory, than they must either be replaced with a new alpha or the pack faces dissolution. If the alphas' RPer(s) is absent, then they must find a temporary IC replacement, as ranks do not hold for longer than four weeks anyway. This applies to packs of all ages, sizes, etc. More information will be on the monthly Pack AC announcement thread in the OOC forums.
- In order to claim a new territory for an existing pack, an Alpha must create a thread in the desired Saurendian territory and leave it as "Open." The territory being claimed must be connected somehow to at least one of the pack's current territories (does not apply to packs claiming their very first territory). Also, to back up the Alpha's claim, at least one pack member must post on the new thread. Supporting pack members must be at least one year of age. The thread must be left open for five days. If an outsider posts it is considered a challenge to the claim and they must be chased out by whoever is already on the claim thread for it to hold (no new joiners can go to the claim if an outsider posts!). Additional packmates arriving will take a day off of how long the claim thread needs to be up. So, to summarize: 1 alpha and 1 pack member = 5 days; 1 alpha and 2 pack members = 4 days; 1 alpha and 3 pack members = 3 days; 1 alpha and 4 pack members = 2 days; 1 alpha and 5 pack members = 1 day; 1 alpha and 6 pack members = instant claim. Remember, if an outsider posts then no more pack members can join, but non-pack wolves can still join up until a pack wolf responds. In essence, the response of a Saurendian "locks in" the amount of pack wolves who can reply, but then the response of a pack wolf "locks in" the amount of Saurendians who are present. So more popular Saurendian territories will likely be contested earlier, if at all. A pack can only be in the process of claiming one territory at a time, and there may only be one pending claim in each territory at a time.
- In order to have an air of realism, wolves cannot join or create a new thread in a new territory unless it's within 3 territories of their previous one. This will help keep things from feeling like wolves just "teleport." For example: a wolf cannot RP in Tsrau Jungle and immediately join a thread at Tauk-ru. The wolf would be able to RP at the Yau Plains, though, since to get to Yau they could have previously gone through the Caiur River then the Lyxei Forest. We still operate in Liquid Time, so threads can still be concurrent. When joining or making new threads you have to calculate from the most recently-made thread your character was apart of to see if it is a realistic jump. Standalone threads are acceptable as jumpstones, remember that standalones need to be at least 300 words in length (so sometimes it might be faster to do a quick, short RP instead!). If this rule is broken threads might be moved to a more realistic spot!
|Live Chat Rules|
- Just be respectful and listen to the staff. We have no specific rules for the cbox because we are lax on it anyway, but the admins/mods (list of which can be found here) have the power to tell you to stop doing something. They will step in if things are getting out of control, and temporary bans may be used to keep the peace if repeat-offenders don't cooperate. Our mods are fair and will only get involved when absolutely necessary. Play nice.
- Advertising is not permitted. Discussion of other websites is allowed, but excessive invitations to join are not appropriate.